Khoa Vo, MD
Adult, Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist
Psychiatric Medication Management
Dr. Vo was born in Saigon, Vietnam but grew up in Columbia, SC. He attended the University of South Carolina, where he obtained both his undergraduate and medical degrees. He then moved to Charleston to continue his training at MUSC, where he did his residency in General Psychiatry as well as a fellowship in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry. After completing his training, he spent a few years in Savannah, GA before returning to Charleston, which felt more like home.
Dr. Vo has worked in almost all types of inpatient and outpatient mental health care settings, including solo private practice, group private practice, community mental health, private psychiatric hospital (both acute and residential treatment), state psychiatric hospital, and psychiatric consultation in various medical hospitals. He has also done volunteer work at a free medical clinic and has taught medical students and physician assistant students. He is a diplomate of the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology. He sees patients of all ages and treats all different psychiatric conditions, but his areas of expertise are primarily depression, anxiety, and ADHD.
Dr. Vo enjoys spending his free time with his wife and their four daughters. An avid fan of the South Carolina Gamecocks, he is a football season ticket holder. His other interests include fantasy football, movies, eating, and travel.
- Clinic Hours Available: Monday – Friday: 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM.
- Insurances/Payment Forms Accepted: Aetna, BCBS (certain policies require authorization), Cigna, CompPsych, Coventry/Wellpath, Tricare (Authorization must be obtained), Magellan, MedCost, Medical Mutual (Carolina Care Plan), Medicare, UBH (United Health Care), Value Options (to include Boeing BCBS Cardholders), SuperMed.
- Self-Pay Rates Available.
- Insurances Not Accepted: Medicaid, Workman’s Comp.
- Age Specialties: Ages 5-65.
- Diagnostic Treatment Focus: Dr. Vo specializes in the outpatient medical assessment and medication management for child, adolescent, and adult mental illness including, but not limited to, Mood Disorders (Major Depressive Disorder and Bipolar Disorder), Anxiety Disorders (Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Panic Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder), Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Adjustment Disorders, and Schizophrenia.